Creating a modular angularJS application using browserify, gulp and less

Complete source on github.


I’m a big fan of not using the latest and greatest right out of the gate. I prefer to let other people work through the initial bugs and get a few examples documented before I jump in. It’s worked quite well for me thus far.

That said, I recently came across the need to set up a new angular project (client need). And I do like to explore new frameworks/methodologies/techniques/etc. once they’ve had some time to mature. Having not yet used browserify, this seemed like a good enough reason as any to give it a go. I have previously used requireJs in my angular projects, so I thought this would be a good opportunity for comparison.

After looking around for examples I quickly realized that, as to be expected, there are quite a few different ways to make this work… And, I didn’t really like any of them. I had some concerns that browserify would abstract the angular code too much. I wanted things to stay as traditionally angularish as possible. The eventual handoff will be to angular developers who may or may not have experience with browserify – so I want to keep things as simple as possible. Since none of the examples I found fit the bill, here’s what I came up with.

Continue reading