Creating a modular angularJS application using browserify, gulp and less

Complete source on github.

Exploration

I’m a big fan of not using the latest and greatest right out of the gate. I prefer to let other people work through the initial bugs and get a few examples documented before I jump in. It’s worked quite well for me thus far.

That said, I recently came across the need to set up a new angular project (client need). And I do like to explore new frameworks/methodologies/techniques/etc. once they’ve had some time to mature. Having not yet used browserify, this seemed like a good enough reason as any to give it a go. I have previously used requireJs in my angular projects, so I thought this would be a good opportunity for comparison.

After looking around for examples I quickly realized that, as to be expected, there are quite a few different ways to make this work… And, I didn’t really like any of them. I had some concerns that browserify would abstract the angular code too much. I wanted things to stay as traditionally angularish as possible. The eventual handoff will be to angular developers who may or may not have experience with browserify – so I want to keep things as simple as possible. Since none of the examples I found fit the bill, here’s what I came up with.

Continue reading

My git workflow

I’ve written and shared my git workflow a couple times, but only privately. I’ve been meaning to write more about it and share it publicly for some time now. This workflow has worked very well for me for the past year or so, but I am by no means a git expert. Take a look and let me know what you think. I’m always open to hearing about other peoples’ workflows and suggestions. So much to learn – I’ve only scratched the surface.

Continue reading